Head of Internal Control / Compliance
Jobs at:Alert Microfinance Bank
Deadline of this Job:
09 July 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, 06 July 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Head of Internal Control at Alert Microfinance Bank is a critical role in delivering the organization’s strategic objectives by objectively assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of governance and management of risks, giving an evidence-based opinion on all aspects of governance, risk management and internal control.
• Monitoring internal audit system
• Conduct regular internal audit of the bank
• Assist in reconciliation and analysis of transactions
• Conduct client visit on regular basis
• Conduct investigations on alleged irregularities and fraud
• Assist in monitoring the business function of the branches and reporting all material findings and preparing appropriate recommendations for corrective actions
• Ensure proper safeguard of assets and proper utilization
• Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded summarized and reported accordingly
• Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretions in sharing such information with legal confines
• Lead and coordinate internal audit missions
• Prepare reports of audit mission
• Ensure timely regulating reporting.
• Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Accounts and Finance related fields.
• Minimum of 5 years of Cognate experience as Head of Internal Control/Compliance is a MUST.
• Chartered membership of a relevant professional association, e.g. ACA, ICAN, ACCA.
• Previous experience in Management and proficient use of accounting software E.g Quickbooks, Peachtree, SAP
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
• Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Demonstrates ability to identify problems.
• Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
• Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
• Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.