Health Economics Research Assistant
Jobs at:Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN)
Deadline of this Job:
07 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Laboratory Services Department has recently been awarded a Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) service contract to conduct an evaluation of the CIFF HIV self-testing investment in Uganda and Nigeria.
• The project evaluation team/consortium comprises a total of four research partners, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, LSTM (UK), the Centre for Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Research, CeSHHAR (Zimbabwe), the Infectious Disease Institute, IDI (Uganda) and the Institute of Human Virology, IHVN (Nigeria).
• The HIV ST 10X investment aims to accelerate a self-care revolution to de-medicalize HIV testing and prevention within broader sexual & reproductive health. Governments will experience how de-medicalization can relieve pressure on the health system, with knock-on effects for the broader self-care agenda. The specific objectives of the investment are:
o Catalyze a 10X growth in the self-testing market from 5M to 50M tests used a year in low- and middle-income countries by 2025.
o Link more than 2.7M HIV-positive people to treatment between 2020 and 2025 and millions more to the HIV prevention and sexual health services they need.
• To execute this project, IHVN is seeking suitably qualified candidate to fill in the position of a Health Economist Research Assistant.
• Collating financial expenditures data from implementing partners to facilitate top-down costing.
• Collection of distribution site-level economic cost and other resource use data.
• Collection of HIVST distribution and other M&E/outputs data.
• Conducting facility/site observations & time and motion analysis.
• Conducting cost data entry into spreadsheets and models.
• Working with team leads to process and analyze cost data.
• Working with team leads to disseminate costing results including reports and publications.
• Performing other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Ensuring all aspects of work are in line with Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
• Maintaining high-quality data collection and documentation standards.
• Health Economics, Economics or another Social Science Degree (Master’s Degree an added advantage)
• Current and valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience working in a reproductive health research environment
• Demonstrated experience collecting economic cost data.
• Good knowledge of use of Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Excellent organizational skills and good timekeeping.
• Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary research team environment.
• Knowledge and behaviors that support equality, diversity, and inclusive practice
• Promote equality of opportunity and inclusive practice in all aspects of work undertaken.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining their suitability for the position to the "Deputy Director, Human Resources" through this email address: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.