Internal Audit Assistant
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
19 July 2021
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company Overview / Job Description
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe.
Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role of an Internal Audit Assistant to reduce risks linked with non-compliance.
• Carry out pre-audit checks in preparation for external audits.
• Develop a tracker to be regularly sent to the implementers with regular monitoring after each audit report.
• Ensure report shows presentation of any identified gaps, inconsistencies and recommendations for improvements;.
• Ensure stakeholders are aware of the audit findings by circulating audit reports to management of each departments.
• Ensure and assist on improvement of audit document quality.
• Check to ensure all the audit documents presented from various departments in preparation for external audits are in order.
• Support in the performance of internal control reviews (Spot checks) of in-country processes including cash management, procurement, logistics, Human Resources and stock management including food commodities, assets management and coordinate with the relevant departments to correct weaknesses and improve controls as needed.
• Support the Internal Audit officer in quality and frequency of controls.
• Report any identified gaps, inconsistencies and provide recommendations for improvements.
• B.Sc. University Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related Business field is required; certification towards Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor is a plus;
• 1 year related work experience with a non-for-profit organization;
• Have strong experience in producing high quality effective written communication e.g. reports, in English
• Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere, encouraging colleagues to contribute to common work challenges and deadlines
• Ability to work with various administrative and program levels in the organization;
• Be able to demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
• Be detail-orientated, and is committed to undertaking work in a logical and disciplined manner, in line with the prescribed methodology
• Advance computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly in excel.
• Fluency in English, Hausa is also desired but not compulsory.
Minimum Basic Salary / Other Benefits: N172,695 per month.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
19 July 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.