Internal Audit Officer
Domino Stores Limited
Deadline of this Job:
23 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Audit Officer
• Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
About Domino Stores Limited
Domino Stores Limited - A private Nigerian Group of Companies operating retail, hospitality and property business requires highly motivated individual for the position below in our bakery chain business
Sabo - Yaba, Lagos
Requirements and Responsibilities
• The successful candidate shall assist the Internal Auditor in developing an overall audit strategy, the company’s risk assessment process and Internal Audit’s own assessment of risk.
The Internal Audit Officer would be required to carry out work in the following areas:
• Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
• Report to Internal Auditor about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
• Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
• Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
• Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
• Confer with Internal Auditor about financial and regulatory matters.
• Inspect cash on hand, notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks to confirm records are accurate.
• Examine inventory to verify journal and ledger entries.
• Direct activities of personnel engaged in filing, recording, compiling and transmitting financial records.
• Conduct pre- implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
• Examine records, tax returns, and related documents.
• Work with Internal Auditor to audit payroll and personnel records to determine workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
• And any other duties assigned.
• Applicants must have a good University Degree in Accounting.
• A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in an Audit Firm or structured retail organization.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suites, Quick Books and Tally Accounting packages.
Demonstrable Skills and Technical Competencies:
• Interested applicants must be of high integrity.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to deliver timely and quality audit reports.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in M.S Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.