Internal Auditor - Business Process & Operations - Jumia
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option fo...
Read more about this company
The “Internal Auditor, Business Processes & Operations” is responsible for evaluating the adequacy and operational effectiveness of Jumia’s risk management, internal control, and governance processes.
He/she shall plan and execute audit assignments to ensure that people, processes, and tools operate according to defined policies, standards, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
Overall, his/her assignments shall provide a reasonable assurance whether significant financial, compliance and operational risks are appropriately identified and mitigated.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects.
• Implement the approved audit plan including any special tasks or projects that may be required.
• Plan and execute audits of operational, compliance and financial processes (with 40 to 60% travel time to emerging countries and Europe in favorable travel conditions).
• Be a key influencer of operational efficiency and well-controlled change management.
• Present findings to management and provide practical recommendations for improvement and actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans.
Requirements & Experience
• Bachelor's / Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
• 2-5 years of internal/external audit experience preferably with big 4 practice firm; or risk advisory function.
• Prior experience in an internal controls department and professional qualifications will be a plus (CPA, ACCA, CIA).
• Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of GAAP/IFRS guidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) rules and regulations.
• Practical and creative in suggesting recommendations for improvement to internal control processes, policies and procedures.
• Excellent analytical skills for identifying control issues.
• Excellent writing skills in English (French is a plus) sufficient to prepare audit material.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft office, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
• The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.