Jobs at:Ladgroup Limited
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2021
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ladgroup Limited was incorporated in 1971 and is involved in trading activities, particularly in food and agro-based commodity products. The company started business by exporting agricultural produce, namely ginger, sheanuts, coffee and gum Arabic, and became the largest exporter of sheanuts to Europe and the Far East Ladgroup later diversified into the expo...
Read more about this company
Location: Ikenne, Ogun
The Logistics Lead is also responsible for seamless Inbound and Outbound operations: receipt of Sheanuts, Warehousing of Sheanuts, Release of Sheanuts, Shipping and Loading of SheaButter for Exports and Local Sales, Liaison with Inspection agents and Shipping companies.
The Logistics Lead will be a working as part of the Operations leadership team, with key responsibility to develop, implement, and continuously improve systems and process that ensure the safe and cost effective management of materials call offs (including raw materials & packaging material), storage and supply planning.
The Logistics lead will also provide functional expertise, to ensure that employees in an assigned area and shift are provided with appropriate coaching and guidance to meet all critical success factors.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Develop the strategy for and provide cost-effective Company Logistics including inbound delivery, storage, supply planning and factory supplies.
• Provides the key interface with sales & operation planning, procurement, quality and production functions.
• Day-to-day management of the total company logistics from receipt of raw materials, storage to on-time delivery to the factory implementing FIFO.
• Manage the relationship with freight forwarder to ensure prompt delivery of export Sheabutter and required export documentation is adhered to.
• Managing supply planning of Sheanuts and liasing with the wider business to support demand planning, and stock management to agreed company objectives.
• Identify and quickly resolve all material supply issues that may influence timely supply to the factory.
• Evaluate suppliers’ performance using agreed KPI’s and improve activities accordingly.
• Management of all stores and logistics staff functions and analyse training needs with the view to delivered agreed objectives.
• Perform various inventory counts; order supplies and goods as needed
• To be a key member of the operation team and promote all decisions made by the team.
• Implement Environment, Health and Safety procedures.
• Review standard operating procedures in the Logistics unit.
• Implement Customer service excellence strategy
• Supervise all forklift operations.
• Maintain warehouse and machinery, ensuring equipment is serviced when needed and a clean and tidy workspace is kept at all times
• Maintain shipping documentation, manifests, and receipts; enter relevant data in reports as needed
• Assist in the hiring and training process of new warehouse staff
• Ensure proper transport, packaging, and placement of products
• Supervise, motivate and lead warehouse staff to effectively carry out given tasks.
• Improve warehouse work processes through strategic planning in order to create a more efficient fulfillment system
• To perform any other task and project as required.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• A minimum B.Sc or equivalent in Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or Engineering from a recognised institution.
• Must be computer literate.
• 5 - 8 years of relevant practical experience in inbound logistics and warehousing operation, in an FMCG environment.
• Result-driven professional with extensive experience in Logistics (freight sourcing strategy, external & internal relationship management, shipping, import documentation & Customs clearing).
• Leadership, Teambuilding, Communication, Motivation, Negotiation and Problem solving skills.
• Experience to manual & online Enterprise Resource Planning and Material Requirement Planning environment.
• Logistics expense budgeting & Contract management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.