Jobs at:Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Job TypeFull Time
• QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
• Experience3 - 5 years
• LocationAdamawa , Borno
• Job FieldNGO/Non-Profit
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS), is an International Catholic Organization working across 56 countries whose mission is to accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees and IDPs in conflict zones.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project and report to the M&E Specialist.
Develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Primarily responsible for management of the projects database and tracking of key project indicators.
Provide support to research data collection and analysis efforts by the project including special initiatives, outlined surveys, studies and evaluations.
Support the field M&E teams to conduct needs assessments, baseline, midline and end line surveys, post intervention surveys, and perform continuous activity monitoring.
Responsibilities of the Position
• Ensure timely collection, processing, entry, review, and validation of project data for relevant indicators.
• Perform data cleaning, analysis and timely quality reports on program and project performance.
• Develop and/or review project data management systems including data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids and templates.
• Provide technical assistance to build the capacity of M&E assistants in database design, development and implementation, data management, analysis, and reporting.
• Develop and implement a capacity-building plan for project in data management including analysis, use and dissemination.
• Develop ToRs and data collection tools for surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and project evaluations
• In collaboration with the M&E Specialist and field teams, lead in the preparation of comprehensive M&E plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting
• Promote in all projects the use of participatory data collection techniques involving beneficiaries, institutions and partners in the process
• Undertake regular site visits and periodically monitor the design and execution of surveys and other assessments, case studies and accountability.
• Roll out digital data collection in all project’s thematic areas.
• Support the analysis of M&E data of projects as needed through quantitative and qualitative statistical software and as well as drafting of reports
• Offer support and review the projects plans, agree on performance indicators, methods of information collection and storage.
• Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to the M&E specialist and Project Manager.
• Participate in project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports.
• Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
• Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS.
• Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
• Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports.
• Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for project and government staff.
• Provide input and update information related to project outcome.
• Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities.
• Prepare and maintain data base
• Coordinate and share learning related to M&E practices at base level
• Support M&E Specialist to organize and coordinate mid-term reviews, learning workshops/review of program work plans.
• Support the review documentation of project activities with clear articulation of lessons learned, case studies and short articles for each project for internal and external sharing.
• With the support of the M&E specialist, document the tracking and implementation of lessons learnt and recommendations from all assessments conducted
• Ensure that lessons in planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and impact assessment are documented, shared and considered in the design of new projects and fed into current work and future program development
• Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Have a University Degree or Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Disaster Risk Management, or any related field. At least 3 years previous experience working in humanitarian/developmental projects
• Have a proven work experience of atleast 5 years in database management, MEAL system Operationalization
• Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skillful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Power BI, Epi-info softwares and NVIVO
• Experience on project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a rapidly changing professional environment
• Experience in data collection, administering questionnaires, conducting interviews and electronic data entry on different data collection platforms
• Excellent understanding of database design, questionnaire development and coding, database programming and analysis
• Knowledge of data visualization and business information software and infographics
• Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS office
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies
• Working knowledge of a local language
• Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments
• Ability to adapt to working conditions and tasks that may change with the reality of the field.
JRS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic groups. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Applicant are advised that JRS does not require any payment during the recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to our values and practices.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
View Jesuit Refugee Service Salaries and Company Reviews
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.