Manager – Taxes & Statutory Payments
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local ...
Read more about this company
• The Manager - Taxes & Statutory Payments reports to the Finance and Accounts Director. H/she is responsible for the timely and efficient management of tax and all statutory payments for DAI in Nigeria and payroll management. In
• addition, h/she is accountable for providing regular financial information in compliance with Group guidelines and local financial reporting regulations. Other responsibilities include;
• Tax Management
• Review and process monthly Withholding Tax (WHT) and Value Added Tax (VAT) schedule into the proper tax
• location, tax types, tax categories, taxpayer entities, and tax amounts.
• Ensure accurate Company Income Tax (CIT) and Education Tax (ET) computations.
• Review and process monthly payroll tax (PAYE) inputs into the proper tax location, tax types, tax categories,
• taxpayer entities, and tax amounts.
• Ensure timely filing of tax returns to all relevant states.
• Ensure all taxes are paid as at when due.
• Ensure tax clearance certificates are obtained for staff & WHT credit notes for consultants.
• Maintain a cordial relationship with all relevant tax authorities and manage all audit queries from the tax authorities.
• Provide tax advisory support to DAI Nigeria and all DAI Nigeria projects as required.
• Monthly reconciliation of taxes on QuickBooks (accounting software)
• Management of statutory payments
• Ensure proper and timely remittances of all non-tax statutory obligations - Pensions, NHF, NSITF and ITF.
• Ensure timely filing of statutory returns while managing any queries on statutory remittances when required.
• Maintain cordial relationships with all relevant statutory agencies in charge of such payments.
• Payroll Management
• Oversee timely & accurate processing of payroll
• Timesheet analysis and labour utilization reconciliation.
• Review all payroll deductions and remittance reports.
• Review GL reconciliations and analysis of payroll earnings, deduction & taxes.
• Review payroll related reports.
• Support HR & Benefits while managing queries arising from payroll.
• Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance related field.
• A minimum of 6-8 years of work experience in a similar role
• Fully qualified accountant –ACA, ACCA, CIMA and CITN
• Masters; degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics is an added advantage
• Strong competencies in using robust accounting software such as QuickBooks, PeachTree and/or Oracle.
• Applicants with experience from any of the big accounting firms is an additional advantage
• Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end closeout process.
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
• Solid knowledge of VAT, PAYE, WHT, CIT and all relevant tax laws
• Demonstrable numerical proficiency.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Consummate and committed professional.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com by the 24 th of September 2021. DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.