Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MEL)
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Awareness Against Human Trafficking
• Monitoring and Evaluation
Years of experience
• 0-2 years
• Protection and Human Rights
Contract Duration: 12 months
Position: Full time
Starting time: Immediately
Working Hours: 40 hours in a week
Closing Date for Applications: 2nd June 2022 EAT
Salary: 60,000 to 80,000 Kes gross per month
The MEL officer will be reporting to the CEO
• Design, review and adoption of MEL tools to meet project needs and organizational objectives, which may include tools e.g. pre- and post- tests, focus group interview protocols or community survey tools etc.
• Oversee the application of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting principles to inform project implementation & management as well as overall organizational progress Facilitate quarterly review and reporting across HAART programs and organizational objectives to review progress and advise of revisions
• Manage and safeguard data collection, perform data quality assessments, review, analysis and validation of core data and indicators against the different sources of information to ensure data quality and progress towards program goals and objectives.
• Engage staff, survivors, youth, partners, donors and other key stakeholders in identifying program and organizational learning and adaptation
• Work with internal departments to ensure accurate information flow, including guidance/support on data collection, measurement, and reporting and build capacity among internal staff in collaboration with HR
• Contribute to written performance reports for donors and other program deliverables and Support timely production of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports based on agreed performance indicators.
• Actively participate in all implementations, providing advice and feedback for quality results as needed
• Compiling data to contribute towards the learning agenda, strategic decision-making, knowledge management and creation, sharing best practices and project planning with internal staff and other stakeholders..
• Support continuous donor engagements across projects to strengthen HAARTs position and impact with donors
Essential criteria & qualification:
• University degree Master or Bachelor depending on work experience) in social sciences, management, development studies, monitoring and evaluation or a related field.
• Minimum 3 years for Master or 5 years for Bachelor of related work experience managing and implementing monitoring and evaluation and learning systems for donor-funded projects, preferably within human rights, education, livelihoods or private sector development projects in Kenya or similar country contexts.
• Demonstrated abilities in qualitative and quantitative MEL methodologies,
• Experience on the use of MEL systems to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact.
• Have proven experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
• Strong belief in human rights and equality and commitment to demonstrate integrity in all aspects.
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to coordinate multidisciplinary teams.
• Ability to effectively use statistical analysis soft wares such as STATA, SPSS and other statistical analysis soft wares.
• Experience in Online, data management and storage sites will be an added advantage.
• Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively.
• Excellent communication skills with a high standard of spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
• Willingness to continually improve technical and analytical competencies
• Ability and willingness to embrace HAART values.
All our staff are expected to strive for excellence, collaborate and communicate while ensuring full commitment to integrity.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
At HAART we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF of their cover letter, CV, contact information for 3 references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org using “MEL Officer” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed and short-listed candidates contacted. Visit https://haartkenya.org/job-openings/ for an updated version of the application.
No Fee Charged HAART does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.