Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
26 November 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The post holder will communicate with the CO M&E manager, M & E coordinator, Project Coordinator, Project Manager and across Plan International Nigeria and field implementing partners. The post holder will support the design, development and implementation and strategic oversight of the comprehensive M&E framework/strategy, monitoring system, and evaluations, including the use of both quantitative and qualitative tools. The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination as well as government actors and local partners regarding monitoring, evaluation and learning. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders
• In collaboration with the Field Team, Plan International Canada M&E staff, and under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, the M&E Coordinator will:
• Programme Development and Quality Management:
• Lead regular monitoring data collection, verification, entry, spot checking, analysis, reporting and sharing, ensuring accurate, high quality household, community and facility level data is collected on all PMF (Performance Measurement Framework) indicators on a regular basis and as per agreed framework and timelines
• Lead, coordinate and follow the development and implementation of Baseline, Midterm, End-line and research studies in order to inform the M&E framework, tools, systems and processes
• Provide information and feedback to the M&E advisor and PM to inform adjustments in project strategy, and to ensure that the project remains relevant and effective.
• Work with project team members to ensure community level gender and age disaggregated data is collected, analysed and presented for communities to make informed decisions on SRHR issues.
• Ensure timely and high-quality regular monitoring and evaluation reports are produced.
• Provide regular and timely feedback on project progress against planned activities, outputs and results.
• Ensure capacity strengthening by regularly training and mentoring staff and partners for improved program monitoring and evaluation, including on subjects such as child safeguarding in data collection and ethical considerations of collecting data with adolescent.
• Lead all operational and programme research processes.
• Contribute to the technical support for staff and partners
• Establish linkages with, and provide support to state and local government M&E staff in the state.
• Work with safeguarding advisors to ensure that studies and data collection identify and mitigate risk of harm to adolescent.
• Coordinate closely with program leads to develop effective monitoring and measurement tools and collect relevant data.
• Maintain a strong information management system and use findings to inform and improve program delivery.
• Carry out regular data review exercises.
• Ensure that all internal and external reports are submitted on time and to a high standard.
• Develop spot-check tools for field monitoring of activities to ensure the quality of implementation
• Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Degree in Statistics or Social or Health Sciences or an equivalent from a recognized higher institution. Possession of a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• At least 4 to 6 years’ practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation of public health programs especially SRHR programs and/or in CP/GBV programming in an organization with a robust M&E component.
• Experience in gender transformative data collection and measurement, Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation especially in community, household and health facility data collection processes.
• Experience working with the DHIS 2.0 software is required.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Knowledge and experience with software/ statistical packages such as Microsoft Access SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, databases (Access) and spreadsheets (Excel).
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with the use of technology for data collection including mobiles phones and Global Positioning System (GPS) preferred.
• Ability to support large data collection processes and manage large datasets, including analysis, interpretation and presentation of both quantitative and qualitative data.
• Possession of analytical and problem-solving skills
• Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience. Knowledge of Hausa Language is an added advantage.
• Possession of good report writing skills
• Capacity to think creatively to design child-friendly studies and participatory data collection tools which are age-appropriate, safe and ethical for adolescent.
• Demonstrated leadership in designing or supporting research or data collection with adolescents. Supporting others to improve their competencies in this area of M&E and research is also an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Sokoto-Monitoring-and-Evaluation-Coordinator/741590101/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.