Officer, Directorate of Army Public Relations
Jobs at:Nigerian Army
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Monday, March 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in the following: Strategic Communication and Public Relations, Printing Technology, Animation and Graphic Design; and Cinematography.
• Applicants must have evidence of Membership of any Professional body relating to media operation and journalism.
All Applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
• Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
• Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years.
• Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
• Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
• Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
• Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
• Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
• Possess at least a First Degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
• Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
• Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
• Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
• Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
• Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2011 to date will be considered.
• Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
• Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
• Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
• Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
• Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
• Candidates with ability to swim will have added advantage.
Conditions of Service
DSSC will be granted for a total of 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer. Other Service conditions include the following:
• The DSSC officers shall be on probation for the first 3 years of service.
• Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic but based on application by an eligible commissioned officer. It is however based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
• All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the NA.
• The reckonable period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be date of enlistment.
• Medical Consultant Officers on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from date of commission.
• Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for medical consultants who will be commissioned as Majors) with seniority effective from date of commission.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Check out the salary structure of the Nigerian Army on Mysalaryscale.com
When the page opens then click on log in
For more information click here
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Army on recruitment.army.mil.ng to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.