Procurement Officer (Maternity Cover)
Jobs at:International NGO Safety Organisation
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
Today INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 beneficiary organisations (NGO) in fourteen of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO Nigeria Country Office
Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong country wide approach, supporting NGOs working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as Procurement Officer (Maternity Cover) to be based in Abuja.
INSO Nigeria is seeking an experience professional for a short-term position 3 months (maternity Cover). The purpose of this position is to manage the Procurement and Logistics Departments of INSO Nigeria mission under the direction of the LCB Operations Manager.
• In link with the Operations Manager, organize the procurement (quotations, tender) of all the goods and services both for Abuja and Sub-office.
• Ensure the purchasing process is respected and ensure proper documentation and supporting for all the purchases are on file as per INSO Standards.
• Ensure goods and services procured are at a good value for INSO and supplied on time.
Management of office supplies
• Ensure proper recording and monitor of store Inventories
• Ensure update of Vendor Data base
• Organize flight/Car bookings for all staff and goods, and ensure all staff and goods have proper documentation before travelling
• Ensure staff travelling are briefed regarding travel arrangements
• Track all INSO travel logistics issues related to flight/Car bookings
• Provide timely phone feedback on Expatriates flight arrival and departure
Management of Vehicle Fleet
• Plan an efficient use of INSO’s vehicle fleet, responding to the staff demands.
• Monitoring of vehicle related documentation (insurance) and ensure timely updates
• Along with the drivers, ensure cars are properly serviced,
• Along with the drivers, ensure fuel consumption is recorded and as per standards
• Along with the drivers, ensure vehicle logs are updated and accurate.
• Submit monthly report of Vehicle efficiency
• Ensure offices premises are in good shape and properly maintained (plumber, electricity, minor works)
• Ensure Security services are properly delivered and manage communication with the security officials
• Ensure all bills/invoices are acquired and presented for payment on time
• Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies, sundry, and consumable items
• Assist in the planning, organising, planning and co-ordinate meetings and organise catering (i.e., INSO Trainings)
• Maintain, manage, and update the inventory list/Asset Register as per INSO requirements and submit monthly reports
• Ensure all assets are tagged and keep record of movement of assets
• Ensure the proper update of Generators log sheets
• Ensure all generators are properly and timely serviced
• Ensure adequate dieseling of Generator and timely reorder of diesel
• Maintain proper file for easy information on generator
• Submit monthly report of Vehicle efficiency
The position and duties of this post require a great degree of flexibility and adaptation. Hence, within reasonable limits, the Logistics & Procurement Officer might be required to carry out tasks that may not be explicitly detailed in this job description but are aligned with INSO principles and mandate.
• University degree in Business Administration or equivalent (Preferable supply chain or procurement)
• Min 2 years’ experience in procurement and/or logistics position
• Strong computer skills in MS Office, especially MS Excel
• Strong communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail
• Key Personal Competencies
• A good communicator and team player
• Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines, with availability to work on weekends as needed
• Excellent attention to detail
Terms & Conditions:
3-month contract with expected start date of (15th September 2021).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons are requested to send the following to ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and ensure to reference ‘INSO – Procurement Officer (Maternity Cover) - Abuja’ in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
Up to date CV (2-page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.).
INSO does not accept or ask for payment for any job.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.