Profitability Analyst (Performance & Planning)
Jobs at:Jumia Nigeria
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HNDExperience5 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Department: Commercial Planning & Performance
The Planning & Performance function at Jumia is responsible for anticipating and structuring the planning & performance activities for the group. We are a cross-functional team delivering what is right for the group agnostic of function or agenda.
The role encompasses six clearly defined dimensions:
• Steering country on full PnL to profitability across GP1/GP2 & GP3
• Supporting the production Monthly/Weekly performance planning
• Support all functions in the company to deliver on our budget and vision
• Support preparation mid-month and monthly Performance reviews with top management
• Launching/implementing and monitoring performance steering actions across marketing/commercial/ops and Jumia Services
• Work across all business units Physical Goods/On-demand & Jumia Pay
• The Profitability Analyst is supporting the work on high-impact actions and projects across all functions commercial/marketing/Ops and JS. The aim is to bring exceptional profitable usage growth across the group.
• The analysis and insights produced by the Profitability Analyst have a strong impact on different dimensions of the business: the Planning & Performance team is the main team in charge of projects/analysis which is both cross-functional and key to the strategic success of Jumia
• Monitoring monthly performance across the group and full PnL identifying and conducting root cause analysis on deviations ensuring all departments are aligned with the expected trajectory
• Suggest the defining and implementation of performance steering actions to growth in the profitable usage of Jumia
• Giving weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan for the group
• Assessing every month the deviation versus Jumia Services SLA (Service Level Agreement) to avoid any extra cost due to lack of planning accuracy
• Weekly assessment of the results of growth initiatives (AB tests on shipping fees, Vouchers, Success Rate)
• Weekly assessment of business profitability and usage and suggestions for improvement in these KPIs (change in customer fees, commissions, vendor fees, etc.)
• Ad hoc analysis on high-impact areas of the business (Customers churn rate, Repurchase rate across categories, etc.
Experience and Requirements
• Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
• 5+ years experience
• A significant experience in eCommerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
• Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
• Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
• A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Advanced analytical skills
• Advanced communication skills
• Fast learner
• Resistant to stress
• Independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
• Strong desire to pursue a career in Jumia
• As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative, and able to work efficiently. We expect a smart and hard-working individual, with a strong willingness to become a leader at Jumia.
• A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
• The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.