Jobs at:The OPEC Fund for International Development
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. We are dedicated to improving pe...
Read more about this company
Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
The Protocol Officer is tasked with the organization and provision of logistical support to the OPEC Fund’s high-level meetings and to visitors to the Fund by following established procedures in order to assist in maintaining relations between the OPEC Fund and its Member Countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
Stakeholder management and engagement support:
• Responsible for providing assistance in coordinating relations between the OPEC Fund and Member States, and for providing substantive technical and logistical support to the Ministerial Council and Governing Board meetings as well as other high-level OPEC Fund meetings and visitors.
Meeting coordination assistance:
• Provides assistance in coordinating the organization of ceremonies for the signature of loan/grant agreements, in cooperation with other concerned departments.
• Assists in the coordination of reception of visitors to the Fund.
Administrative and logistical support:
• Coordinates the administrative and logistical support for the Fund’s high-level meetings, including arrangements for the transportation of VIPs from and to the airport.
• Participates in all public relations and protocol activities, including receptions and social events, as well as accommodation and travel arrangements for the Director-General, official visitors and participants in the Ministerial Council and Governing Board meetings.
• Carries out other tasks assigned by the supervisor, which are related to the job function.
• Maintains the lists of ministers and high officials of the host country, ambassadors posted in the host country, members of the Ministerial Council, members and alternate members of the Governing Board, ministers and high officials of the OPEC Fund’s partner countries
Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree in Sociology / Psychology / Social Sciences / other relevant disciplines Public Relation and / or Business Administration
• Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience, with preferably 2-3 years in an international institution.
• Experience to communicate with VIPs, preferably in English and Arabic
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, French, German, or Spanish is an added advantage.
• Good knowledge of protocol in a governmental or international organization including experience of working with the Host Government.
• Commitment to excellence, with an exceptional work ethic, strong organizational skills, and a can-do attitude.
• Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to The OPEC Fund for International Development on careers.opecfund.org to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.