Research Assistant, HIV-ST Evaluation 2022
Jobs at:Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN)
Deadline of this Job:
07 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The HIV ST Evaluation aims to accelerate self-care revolution to de-medicalize HIV testing and prevention within broader sexual & reproductive health.
• Governments will experience how de-medicalization can relieve pressure on the health system, with knock-on effects for the broader self-care agenda. The specific objectives are:
o Catalyze a 10X growth in the self-testing market from 5M to 50M tests used a year in low- and middle-income countries by 2025.
o Link more than 2.7M HIV-positive people to treatment between 2020 and 2025 and millions more to the HIV prevention and sexual health services they need.
• To execute this project, IHVN is seeking suitable and qualified candidate to fill in the position of a Research Assistant.
Summary / Overview
• The Research Assistant: HIV-ST-EVALUATION, will take part in the research and routine analytical work in the virology section.
• S/he will be involved in administration of questionnaire, maintaining records of receipt of samples and reagents, sample inventory, and documentation of data collected.
• The Assistant should strictly adhere to ethical standards in the conduct of this evaluation and other duties as assigned by the Head of the Unit to whom she/he will report.
• Maintaining quality control standards to preserve the integrity of data and findings
• Scheduling and conducting interviews
• Getting a convenient place to conduct interviews and getting permission from all participants.
• Analyzing data using various statistical methods.
• Writing reports to summarize data and the implications of the results.
• Document all activities, results and report to Project Coordinator.
• Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing.
• Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
• Participate in the execution of deliverables to meet targets within agreed time lines.
• Follow methodologies and standard operating procedures in carrying out assigned tasks.
• Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
• Degree in Social Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have participated in a research project within the past three years.
• Computer literacy and experience with data Information Systems.
• Highly organized with good time management skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience working with Key and Vulnerable Population is a distinct advantage
• Must be from the South East geopolitical zone OR thorough knowledge of the terrain, and particularly knowledge of Anambra state will be a clear advantage.
• Must be fluent in Igbo language.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining their suitability for the position to the "Deputy Director, Human Resources" through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.