Deadline of this Job:
14 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, July 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Citi has been doing business in Nigeria since 1984. The bank formerly operated under the name Nigeria International Bank Limited, but was renamed to Citibank Nigeria Limited (Citi Nigeria) in 2008 to fully align with Citi's global brand and identity. The bank has a strategic business focus in Nigeria specializing mainly in Corporate Banking and servicing ...
Read more about this company
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job Req ID: 21260229
Job Category: Risk Management
Job Family Group: Risk Management
Job Family: Credit Decisions
Purpose of the Job
To identify, analyze, dimension, and manage the key risks facing the bank (primarily credit risks) for standard credits, complex credits including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndicated loans, and other complex transactions, including transactions involving derivatives and market risks, with the key objective of ensuring a healthy portfolio and minimizing financial losses.
Job Background / Context
In view of the need to preserve as well as maximize shareholders’ wealth, particularly in a dynamic environment like Nigeria, it is imperative to have a strong risk management framework adequately staffed with the requisite risk expertise, to ensure a healthy risk asset portfolio, and entrench best-in-class risk management practices.
• Timely and good quality initial, interim, and annual credit approval requests/reviews, which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
• Analysis of complex transactions, customers, and industries including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndications, acquisitions, and other Corporate Finance/Treasury initiatives, including derivatives and market risk impacted transactions - with the capacity to provide policy and process knowledge and guidance, as pertinent.
• Conducting Industry Credit Reviews (ICR’s) and Target Market studies.
• Collaborating with the relationship management teams in ensuring that credit approvals are timely and current.
• Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers, and raising credit red flags.
• Supporting remedial management initiatives and/or actions, where necessary
• Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by Credit Reviewers, Internal Auditors, Regulators, etc.).
• Maintaining customer interface and developing contacts; regular credit calls on customers.
• Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of the impact on bank’s credit assets.
• Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM (Country Risk Manager)
• Collaborate in the preparation of the country’s scenario plan.
• Collaborate in the negotiation of International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) agreements and related documentation.
• Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Country’s business and risk strategy.
• Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of a University Undergraduate Degree.
• A postgraduate Degree in a Financial and/or business discipline, or a professional accounting and/or financial management qualification.
Knowledge / Experience:
• At least 10 years of commercial or investment banking experience with industry and/or specialized knowledge covering key segments of the economy - Oil & Gas, Industrials, FMCG, Telecoms, Public Sector, Financial Institutions, etc.
• Proven track record of leadership in originating and/or analyzing and/or reviewing/approving credit requests and/or proposals across industry segments
• Proven track record in conducting and/or actively participating in portfolio, industry, and/or sectorial reviews and analysis, including articulation, coordination, and implementation of an action plan.
• Product knowledge (including Cash Management, Trade, Treasury products, Loans, and Corporate Finance)
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
• Strong computing skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Strong Leadership skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong management and organization skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Interested and qualified? Go to CITIBANK on jobs.citi.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.