Risk and Internal Control Officer
Jobs at:La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited - As an international registered microfinance bank, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers, including savings accounts, current accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
Fully client oriented, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers great flexibility, independence and financial security to help clients stay committed to their short and long term financial goals. Formally incorporated as La Fayette Microfinance Bank, the bank started full operation in February 2013 and has built a strong client base, serving clients from eight branch networks in Ibadan– Bodija, Challenge, Dugbe, Gbagi and Iwo road, Ogbomosho, Oyo and Saki towns, all strategically situated within close proximity to customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Risk and Internal Control Officer
Locations: Oyo, Kwara & Lagos
Planned Start Date: 19 / 04 / 2022
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
• Ensure branch staff comply with Internal Code of Conducts; Policy/Procedure and Regulations on transactions initiated by the bank.
• Ensure that all expected activities as stipulated in the control checklists are performed by the branch management
• Educate and train staff on compliance issues, and acting as the contact point within the branch for compliance queries from staff members
• Create and improve homogenous Compliance Culture in the assigned branch that aligns with control and business objectives of the Bank
• Build strong KYC and KYCB compliance environment in the assigned branch i.e. ensure capturing of all valid KYC documentation into all customers’ accounts in the Core Banking Applications through the regular review of Account opening and documentation both on client files and on the system.
• Carry out unannounced field visit to clients’ business locations before or after loan approval as the case may be.
• Ensure integrity of the transactions and GL accounts in the branch through daily review of the branches GL balance reports. Any major deviation from the standard must be escalated.
• Institute and enforce aggressive Cost reduction Strategies/Tactics for the branch under your purview to ensure zero% income wastage
• Ensure prompt resolution of all recommendations in the Internal Audit Report, Regulatory Examiners Report and other Statutory Examiners Report involving the branch under your purview.
• Ensure daily Call Over of all Tills transactions (which include but not limited to deposit/withdrawal slips, Cheque slips, Internal fund transfers) within 24 hours of posting and where practicable online same day and as may be advised to you from time to time
• Daily Review of all System Generated Override Message/Exception Reports to ensure that appropriate approvals were obtained for it and that they are valid transactions
• Daily review of ATM Card and Pin Management or any other related reviews to ensure any irregularities are discovered and escalated promptly.
• Conduct Special Investigation as may be directed by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
• Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
• Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required by the Risk and Compliance Manager which will include among others: Critical Control Issues Report, Unusual Incidence Report, Report on assets ageing in standard approved format etc.
• Any other job that may be assigned by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
Person Specification Qualifications / Education:
• B.Sc. / HND in any discipline.
• Professional Qualification such as (CIMA, ACCA, ICAN...) or its equivalent will be an advantage.
• Applicant must have a minimum of two (2) years work experience as a risk / internal control and compliance officer preferably in a finance institution
• High-level proficiency in written and spoken English; good knowledge of word processing; proven spreadsheet skills; good interpersonal relations skills.
• Meticulous, open-minded, autonomous and fast learner.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.