Roving Finance Assistant
Jobs at:CARE International
Deadline of this Job:
14 July 2021
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Gashua YOBE State
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Finance Officer
Key Job Responsibilities
• Payment to beneficiaries/participants after trainings in field locations
• Payment to volunteers in field locations
• Record all accruals in the GL module of PeopleSoft.
• Ensure all adjustments are recorded in the system on time.
• Petty cash uploads are properly recorded in the system with the correct charging details.
• Month end entries are done timely.
• Perform all treasury management duties in the sub office
• Record all deposits received in the sub office timely.
• Manage the sub office cash to maximize gains and minimize losses
• Participate in the internal control and review of the sub office books and accounts:
• Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction.
• Review Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and other project advances before they are posted in the system.
• Assist Logistics Officer to reconcile the sub office Inventories with the asset account
• Ensure timely preparation of month end and other reports
Perform any other duties as assigned
• Minimum of First degree in Finance & Accounting or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
• Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices will be an added advantage
Required Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the CARE’s values and ethical standards
• Good understanding of CARE business, operational environment and its program participants and donors
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to remain calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
• Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems, practice, policies and procedures.
• Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
• Familiar with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc.)
• Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
• Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
• Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
• Ability to demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication.
• Ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behavior and build team spirit
• Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
• Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
• Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
• Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without supervision
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
• Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
• CARE strongly encourage women to apply
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.