Jobs at:Corporate Headhunters Limited
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Corporate Headhunters is a Human Resources Consulting Company in the business of recruiting and placement of technical, executive and administrative personnel for Oil & Gas, Industrial, Technology as well as Service Oriented Industries. Through our wide range of contacts in the industry, different fields of specialties, deep candidate network and detailed/specific knowledge of the areas and industries;
Read more about this company
Location Lekki, Lagos
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
An oil and gas services company based in Lekki Lagos is currently in need of a senior accountant to manage the finances of the organization.
• The Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for the planning, implementation, managing, and running of all the finance activities of the company and all associated or affiliated companies, including; business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and negotiations.
• The Senior Accountant must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written. They must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgment.
• Suitable candidates should also have excellent financial reconciliatory skills and experience in managing time-bound rolling commitments.
• The staff must be capable to take full responsibility for the following duties; either performing this him/herself or in a supervising role: Bookkeeping and monthly reporting under IFRS in line with deadlines. Analyzing actual versus budgeted results (in general and for events) and providing advice to the general manager, senior management, and the board on possible improvements
• Preparing all monthly, quarterly, and yearly tax reports and ensuring that necessary filings and payments are done on time
• Perform treasury function including handling and controlling of payments to vendors and handling of cash
• Perform monthly staff payroll/ tax deductions and all related calculations
• Perform Weekly /monthly bank reconciliations and analysis of FOREX gains/losses.
• Supervising and performing monthly or end year stock takings/inventory valuation where applicable
• Setting up and maintaining policies and procedures including requirements on controls and documentation for management
• Managing the external audit and ensuring that it is completed on time
• Managing the company assets register.
• Ensuring that insurance cover for all assets are adequate and are in line with organizational requirements
• Working with team members and general manager to complete any other duties as may be required
• Demonstrated understanding of the process workflow related to work requests from initiation through completion.
• Consistently demonstrating teamwork dynamics by working as a team member; understanding individual and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification, and feedback.
• Filing of PAYE annual returns
• Collect of WHT credit note receipt
• Process Electronic Tax Clearance certificates
• Compute and remit of PAYE and VAT as and when due
• Deduction of Withholding Tax from any contract awarded or from suppliers, and remitting same to either FIRS or State IRS.
• Prepare monthly outstanding WHT Credit Notes
• Represent the company on Tax matters with FIRS and relevant State IRS
• Prepare monthly project accounts, posting of payment vouchers, maintaining P & L Schedules on the Sage 50 Accounting software
• Providing leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting team
• Providing strategic recommendations to the Project Business Managers and members of the executive management team
• Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
• Reviewing all formal finance, HR, and IT-related procedures.
• Reconciling and prompt remittance of intercompany’ payments
• Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
• Advising on long-term business and financial planning
• Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
• Assist in federal and state tax audits.
• Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
• Perform all other assigned projects as assigned by the Managing Director
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Timely processing and collection of ETCC for staff
• Timely submission of monthly, quarterly, and end year financial reports
• Timely remittance of PAYE, WHT, and VAT
• Accurate computation of WHT, VAT, and PAYE
• Timely securing FIRS tax clearance, ITF, educational, and other regulatory licenses.
• Academic Qualification – MSC/BSc/BA in Finance, Accounting or Economics with a Professional Certificate: Chartered Institute Of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA).
• Experience Over 10 years experience as an accountant with 5 - 8 of it in a senior position.
• Great knowledge of accounting systems (Access Dimensions, Quick Books, SAGE, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of internal control principles, operational risk evaluation
• Must be thorough, detail-oriented, organized, and versatile whilst at the same time having a service mindset and non-compromising integrity. We expect candidates to have a strong background in finance and tax as well as an understanding of the specifics of the energy service industry generally.
• Ability and willingness to work extra hard to ensure that all necessary tasks and reports are prepared on time and meeting the high-quality standards
• Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
SALARY and BENEFITS
• Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards
• With work-related bonuses HMO and pension.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as subject of the mail
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.