Jobs at:Abuja Clinics
Deadline of this Job:
30 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior Accountant supports the Principal Account with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, program and annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls. Performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with:
• Developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, and controls in accordance with sound accounting principles, applicable regulations, and laws as well as best practices.
• Organizational and program budget preparation and monitoring
• Periodic reviews of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization.
• The closeout of projects, timely and accurate donor reporting, and compliance. Coordination and the preparation of required reports for private, multi-lateral and government donors.
• Inventory and fixed asset physical counts.
• The coordination of the monthly and year-end close.
• Monthly analysis of financial performance.
• Financial oversight of the organization and select business units.
• In addition, the Senior Accountant:
• Prepares supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts. Analyzes and reconciles specified balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
• Performs financial analysis as appropriate to support risk assessment and inform decision-making. Manages all aspects of headquarters accounts receivable, cash receipts, and banking, including the review of supporting documentation.
• Applicant must live in Abuja or be willing to relocate.
• A First Degree in Accounting, Accountancy, or Banking and Finance is a must.
• Applicant must have at least 7 - 9 years of practicing experience as a Senior Accountant in a similar industry.
• Applicant must be a Professional Member of ICAN or ACCA.
• He/she must be able to use Msword, (Spreadsheet) Excel, PowerPoint, and other Accounting Software at a professional level.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.