Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015. IRC has ECHO, OFDA, and Gates funds to respond to health, nutrition, GBV, and WASH activities. In late 2014 and early 2015, IRC received additional funds from SV, SIDA, USAID, and UNICEF to carry out education, child protection, general protection, emergency food distributions, shelter support, and NFI distributions to newly displaced IDPs. In late 2015 into early 2016, IRC received Swiss and UNHCR funds for additional emergency response humanitarian-focused programming in NE Nigeria
• Specific Duties
• Help in managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department
• Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures, and systems
• Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines
• Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up
• Review all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness
• Review spreadsheets from field sites before uploading to sun.
• Conduct regular timesheets audit to ensure consistent adherence.
• In liaison with Logistics and Administration departments, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered but not captured in financial reports.
• Review bank reconciliation monthly from main office Cashier and field site.
• Liaison with bank on all banking issues.
• Forward to the Payroll Administrator every month, outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7, for recovery.
• Review Payrolls
• Prepare Payroll JV for upload to SUN
• Personnel Management
• Serve as a technical resource person for the accounting department. Assist on matters relating to payroll processing and be a finance focal person on payroll issues.
• Administrative Duties
• Supervise all activities done daily in the Accounts department.
• Logistics/Procurements Duties
• Review all POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
• In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered but not captured in financial reports,
• Act, at all times in accordance with country law and standards of accounting practice.
• Review, with the objective of gaining a clear understanding, budget guidelines and instructions.
• Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
• Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
• Be receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence.
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from the Country Director and Finance Controller.
• Do the month end up loading to SUN.
• Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Finance Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Finance or CPA.
• Advanced Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions with a minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience.
• Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
• The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/20875?c=rescue&utm_source=MyJobMag
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.