Senior Internal Audit Officer
Jobs at:ARM Holdings Limited
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2021
Date Posted: Monday, October 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ARM Holdings Limited
ARM Life formerly CrystaLife Assurance Plc. is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the ...
Read more about this company
The purpose of this role is to help in developing and delivery of the Group’s internal audit strategy and plan and ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements throughout the company
Foster a control conscious environment within the company by providing reliable, valued and timely assurance on corporate governance, risks and controls and enhancing the control culture
The duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist Supervisor in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan.
• Support Supervisor in the development and implementation of the evolving IA methodology for the business.
• Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
• Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and IA methodology.
• Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives.
• Conduct investigations as instructed and ensure detailed evidence/documentation is retained for all findings related to the investigation
• Contribute to the safeguarding of corporate assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
• Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
• Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
• Organize and reference work papers for review by Supervisor.
• Participate in closing meetings with client at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
• Perform consulting services for management through participation in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products or facilities
• Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and Audit Committee of the Board.
Minimum Qualification Requirement
• BSc in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• A recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (ACA, ACCA, CMA, CGA, CIA or CISA).
• CFE Designation is required.
• Good understanding of risk and control concepts and the ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls to mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management
• Knowledge of COSO Risk and Internal Control framework would be an asset
• Working knowledge of professional IIA performance standards with regarding to planning, testing, sampling and documentation.
• Minimum of five (4) years relevant work experience in Internal Audit, within financial services or a professional accounting firm will be an added advantage.
• Proficient in use of data analytical tools (eg SQL, R Analytics, Power BI)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.