Senior Swift Application Support Personnel
Jobs at:United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
Deadline of this Job:
22 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Type Full Time
Experience 7 years
Job Field ICT / Computer
Job Objective (s)
To ensure continuous uninterrupted operation of Swift Support Application Enterprise-wide within the frame of the agreed service levels through best practices.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of Swift Services Support, and associated hardware.
• Analyse existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement with regard to Capacity management / Service Improvement.
• Ensure timely understanding of any new software integration into company systems.
• Ensure preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hotfixes, and anti-virus software is carried out as and when due.
• Ensure smooth running and availability of 99.99 Swift Services Support 24 x 7x365.
• Manage assigned program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Operate within established service level agreements with business units. IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
• Ensure proper understanding of documented Swift Services Support process/procedures and Configuration items
• Take necessary and prompt corrective actions to ensure the achievement of set objectives.
• To ensure continuous uninterrupted support of Swift Services Support Application Enterprise-wide within the frame of the agreed service levels through best practices.
• Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery operations of Swift Services Support Application Enterprise-wide and ensure there is 99.99% service Availability and zero data loss in the event of disaster events.
• Apply proven communication and Service Management skills on issues related to the support of Swift Services Support Application Enterprise wide.
• Minimum educational level - First Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Systems Engineering or Operational Sciences with strong Information systems component
• A second degree in any of these disciplines, an MBA and/or technical certifications will enhance performance though not essential.
• Minimum requisite experience - 7 years of relevant experience within a technology-intensive environment.
• We are looking for a candidate with in-depth knowledge of good business continuity and disaster recovery operations of Swift Applications
• Our ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of supporting and managing Swift Applications with at least 7 years of related experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Application support
• IT operations
• Service level management
• Release and deployment
• Continuity management
• Technical specialism
• Supplier relationship management
• Emerging technology monitoring
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• IT & computer appreciation
• Analytical skill
• Banking operations, policies and procedures
What We Expect From You:
• A high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
• Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
• Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
• High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
• Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
• Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
• Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.