State Finance and Admin Officer Consultant
Deadline of this Job:
17 December 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Name: State Finance and Admin Officer Consultant Ebonyi (Maternity Cover)
Position Reports To: State Team Lead
Location: Ebonyi State
Duration: (4 months Maternity Cover)
Summary Scope of Work:
The State Finance & Admin. Officer will provide support in the implementation of financial and administrative systems in Jhpiego’s field offices. Review, make necessary recommendations and implement policies and procedures for the general operation of the organization and its related activities.
• Preparing state level annual budgets and quarterly financial forecasts.
• Ensure compliance with JHPIEGO’s financial management systems and internal controls in the field office
• Support in preparing periodic budget updates and burn rates to State Teal Leader and other staff
• Prepare periodic donor reports for assigned projects and awards
• Ensure all financial transactions are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and that transactions are correctly entered into QBs accounting system.
• Support in ensuring that all statutory deductions are remitted at the various government agencies in the state
• Support the finance manager in preparing and consolidating periodic financial reports and respond to all financial queries from headquarters in Baltimore.
• Lead document retention protocols in state offices and in line with donors and organization policies
• Ensure all procurements in the field office are in line with Jhpiego’s and donor procurement policies.
• Ensure documentation for the procurement of all goods and services are completed and available for audit trail.
• Ensure state offices administration processes run smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation.
• Responsible for the accurate recording and maintenance of all Jhpiego Nigeria and donor assets located in the state office
• Provide and ensure that all logistics requirements are available for the smooth running of state office and program activities.
• Ensure that all shipments received in the state office are properly recorded in the electronic inventory register on time, and ensure that appropriate program staff and the State Team Leader is informed of the arrival of each shipment.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
• Masters degree in Accounting or professional qualification (CPA, ACCA or recognized equivalent) will be an advantage.
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
• Knowledge of institutional donors (United Nations, USAID/CDC etc.) regulations, procedures and requirements a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills and bank reconciliation.
• Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
• Financial and computer skills – working knowledge of database applications, word processing and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
• Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
• Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
• Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
• Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage.
• Previous experience with nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “State Finance and Admin Officer Consultant Ebonyi" as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Friday 17th December 2021
• CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
• The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
• Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
• We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
• Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
• Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
• There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
• JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.