Tax Accountant (Consultant)
Jobs at:The Place
Deadline of this Job:
17 December 2021
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About The Place
The Place restaurant-bar-nightclub-hotel with three locations in Lekki, Victoria Island and GRA Ikeja all in Lagos, has over time established itself as one which has survived and isn’t going anywhere but up. At the Place there is something for everyone. For the busy executive the games room and its bar/lounge are open every day from 5pm, offering a chance for workers relax, unwind and avoid Lagos traffic. The bar/lounge transforms to a major night club on Fridays and Saturdays with great music from top-rated DJs and live performances by "A” list artistes/musicians. It also offers an irresistible package for private party hosts and planners. Additionally, The Place is popularly known for its array of dishes including Asun, Grilled Chicken, & Rice dishes.
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria
• Compute all taxes applicable e.g.: VAT, CONSUMPTION, PAYEE, WITHHOLDING, CAPITAL GAIN.
• Excellent knowledge of payroll management and posting necessary entries.
• Knowledge of tax administration in all state of Nigeria.
• Liaise with tax consultant to get tax clearance within stipulated timeframe.
• Manage and monitor variance of financial obligations due to statutory bodies.
• Ensure compliance with statutory monthly and annual filings due date.
• Manage our pension administration.
• Implement strategies to reduce tax liabilities.
• Research and interpret tax law.
• Follow up with development in accordance with finance act & FIRS.
• Manage our tax file accordingly.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have B.Sc / M.Sc in Accounting
• Minimum of five years of experience in a tax, accounting or audit firm preferably from the big 4 (kpmg, pwc, delloitte, E & Y), providing tax filing/ compliance services to clients; preferably to clients in retail, consumer markets, manufacturing, trading, small and medium sized companies.
• Experience in restaurant, hospitality will be a plus.
• Have excel data analytics skills, should be able to work with little or no supervision.
• Be Attentive with a keen eyes for details
• Have the wherewithal to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
• Must be computer literate. With commendable use of Standard Office Applications, Microsoft Operating System, and Accounting Applications such as NAV, SAGE:- Peachtree, Quick book, Daceasy, etc.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.