Tax Officer - Cement Industry
Jobs at:Dangote Group
Deadline of this Job:
23 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB DESCRIPTION OF A TAX OFFICER.
The Tax Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Accurate preparation and timely reporting of all Tax returns
• Create tax data collection systems, and maintain the corporate tax database
• Prepare and update tax provision schedules
• Compliance: Follow up and ensure that Taxes and Levies are remitted and paid to the relevant Tax Authorities and all statutory obligations are settled as and when due to avoid fines, penalties & organization reputational damage, proper documentation of evidences of payment of the Taxes, Levies & statutory obligations.
• Support and coordinate tax audit and back duty audit by various taxation authorities
• Investigate and correct processing errors
• Monitor current and impending changes to tax regulations and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies to form the basis for tax positions to be taken
• Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profit
• Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
• Candidate must have B.Sc/HND (Finance/Accounts) + 3-6 years experience or ACA with 3-6 years experience
• Proficiency in computer usage.
• Knowledge of SAP is required.
• Advanced Excel & power point presentation.
• Ability to use micro soft Outlook.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
• Good knowledge of accounting and book-keeping is required
• Excellent analytical and time management skills
• Strong numeracy skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Private Health Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Training & Development
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.